ASHI CPR and AED is a combined CPR and AED program designed specifically for laypeople. The program is an excellent choice for both the community and workplace setting, and is based upon the2010 International Consensus on Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC) Science with Treatment Recommendations (CoSTR) and other evidence-based treatment recommendations.
Individuals who do not work in the healthcare field but are occupationally required to, or desire to, have CPR knowledge and skills, such as:
- Emergency response teams in business and industry
- School bus drivers
- Adult residential care personnel
- Child care workers
Max student to instructor ratio: 10 to 1
Recommended student to equipment ratio: 3 to 1
Successful Completion (Certification)
Required when specified by organizational, local, or state regulation. It is recommended for designated responders with a duty or employer expectation to respond in an emergency and provide first aid care.
Students must perform required skills competently without assistance.
Recognized certification period: Up to 2 years
Recommended time to complete:
- Initial Training – Adult: 2 hours
- Initial Training – Child and Infant: 2 hours
- Initial Training – Adult, Child, and Infant: 3 hours
- Renewal Training: Less than initial instructional time
- Successful completion is based on achievement of the core learning objectives rather than a prescribed instruction time.
Please email [email protected] or phone (301) 745-3999 for prices or to schedule a class.